I provide counseling for individual adults pertaining to a wide array of challenges, and specialize in:
- THerapy for Depression and Anxiety
- Grief Counseling
- Counseling for Individuals Struggling with Chronic Pain from Illness or Injury
- PTSD Treatment, Including Therapy for Acute and Developmental Trauma
- Treatment and Recovery from Behavioral Addictions such as Gambling, Pornography, Sex, Video Games, Social Media, Work, Exercise, and more
- Counseling to Assist the Integration of Spiritual Experience and Insight into Everyday Life and Relationships
- Attachment Therapy
- Counseling for individuals Struggling with Self-Judgment, Self-Hatred, Unworthiness, or Perfectionism
- Work and Career issues
- Stress Management
In our sessions I work to provide a comfortable and supportive atmosphere of non-judgment, acceptance, and kindness. My approach is client-centered, meaning I see you as the expert of your own life experience, and therapy is guided by that expertise. I offer encouragement and support along the way and may at times suggest ways to experiment with directly experiencing new ways of being. It is up to you to take each next step.
My therapeutic approach is present-centered and grounded in Gestalt and Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, both of which are experiential based forms of psychotherapy. This means that instead of simply working through problems in your mind you will be guided into your body and emotions, and ultimately into experiencing the solutions and new ways of being in the present moment. In this way the changes become real instead of remaining as abstract intellectual insights.
Gestalt psychotherapy emphasizes the importance of relationship, choice, and personal freedom. It includes a unique understanding of how we form bonds and attachments early in life with our primary caregivers. Gestalt also understands how early childhood wounding and attachment challenges negatively affect our experience of life, and how those wounds can be healed.
Sensorimotor psychotherapy is very effective for working with and healing from trauma. For more information about how sensorimotor psychotherapy click HERE.
I incorporate aspects of Mindfulness and Transpersonal Psychology into my work as well, to both help increase self awareness, kindness and compassion toward oneself, and help you access greater forms of spiritual support.
Dan Entmacher MA, LPC